st: Random Effects and RE Tobit

From   John Bunge <>
Subject   st: Random Effects and RE Tobit
Date   Fri, 08 Feb 2008 17:58:42 +0100

Dear listers,

this is a rather econometric question.

In a panel setting, the Hausman test provides insight about the correlation of regressors with the individual level random effect. When I compare Random Effects and Fixed Effects Estimators, a low p-value tells me that such a correlation is probably present and hence RE inconsistent.

Now I consider to run a RE tobit estimation on the same model since I have a high proportion of zero observations in the dependent variable. Is this a bad idea when my previous Hausman Test told me that the RE assumption is probably not appropriate?

Jetzt neu! Schützen Sie Ihren PC mit McAfee und WEB.DE. 30 Tage
kostenlos testen.