RE: st: gllamm vs xtlogit results

From   "Anderson, Bradley J" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: gllamm vs xtlogit results
Date   Tue, 5 Feb 2008 08:57:01 -0500

Wanted to thank Jean Marie, Austin Nichols, and Hind Sbihi for their helpful comments.  Since yesterday I've learned that the data I'm working with probably require a large number of integration points; the intraclass correlation is quite high and the average number of level 1 observations per group is 87.5.  Even models estimating only a constant and the random effect were not converging until a large number of integration points had been specified.  I also think I need to re-think model specification cause when I think about the data the assumption that the X are not associated with the random effect is not reasonable, especially for one of the predictors.  Thanks again for the very useful comments.

Brad