st: AW: simple question

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: AW: simple question
Date   Tue, 5 Feb 2008 13:14:57 +0100

In one line:

g redundism= zredundab==1|zdismissa==1

Everything else her eis redundant...

Martin Weiss

Diplom-Kaufmann Martin Weiss
Mohlstrasse 36
Room 415
72074 Tuebingen

Fon: 0049-7071-2978184

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
[] Im Auftrag von Renuka Metcalfe
Gesendet: Dienstag, 5. Februar 2008 12:49
An: statalist
Betreff: st: simple question

Dear All

I want to create a dummy variable redundism which
equals dummy = 1 if the establishment has had any
dismissals or redundancies in the past 12 months. I
would be grateful, if anyone would let me know if the
following is the correct way to do it. There is a
debate amongst us at whether it in the second line it
should be "|" or "&". I would be grateful, if you
would confirm if the following is correct or should it
be an "&"

ge redundism=.
replace redundism=1 if zredundab==1|zdismissa==1
replace redundism=0 if zredundab==0|zdismissa==0

Many thanks in advance