st: syntax, programming

From   Jochen Späth <>
Subject   st: syntax, programming
Date   Mon, 04 Feb 2008 15:34:48 +0100

Dear all,

I am currently trying to write an ado-File for the creation of so-called smop (surface measure of overall performance) values and in the very first lines of code I have encountered the following problem:
Using STATA's syntax command variables entered by the user of the program are stored as a local macro `varlist'. So, how can I access the contents of `varlist' "one by one", i.e. how can I adrress each element of `varlist' separately? - What I do not want is to make use of a loop such as foreach... Any ideas?

Thank you,

* For searches and help try: