st: RE: Length of a string

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: Length of a string
Date   Fri, 1 Feb 2008 17:25:03 -0000

244 characters is an absolute limit.

If you said more about the problem, there might be another solution, but
you cannot create a string variable with more than 244 characters.

Lilian Galer

I need to generate a string variable based on the values of another
but the length of a string is limited to 244 characters (the resulting
variable has to have more than 244 characters). Who knows, what can I