Re: st: fractional logit?

From   Viktor Slavtchev <>
Subject   Re: st: fractional logit?
Date   Fri, 01 Feb 2008 13:32:34 +0100

Martin, thank so much.
I think that is exactly what I need.
warm regards

Maarten buis wrote:
This looks like a case for -dirifit-, which can be downloaded from
-ssc-. This command was discussed at the UK Stata Users' Group Meeting
in 2006. The slides of that talk can be found on

Hope this helps,

--- Viktor Slavtchev <> wrote:

Dear all,
I have the following questoin:
I have individual data where people report the share of time they
spend in five distinct activities. People can do more than one activity
every day: first jogging, then go to work, then shopping, whatever. That
is, there are five observation per ID individual. Actually, the ID is the

(each person's) day. I wish to explore the individual characteristics

determining the share of time spent for each activity.
As the dependent variable is a share [0;1] I was thinking about fractional logit. In Stata it would be (I guess):
glm y x, family(binomial) link(logit).
However, I am not clear whether fractional logit can be applied on
the original data, or the data have first to be transformed in some way.
Moreover, in doing -glm- live above I implicitly assume that each observation is independent which is definitely not true.
Does anybody know some solution?
Any help is greatly appreciated.
thanks a lot
* For searches and help try: