st: Stata 10 bug or bad memory?

From   "William Bishop" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Stata 10 bug or bad memory?
Date   Tue, 29 Jan 2008 13:57:17 -0800

I have been having a problem with Stata 10 and I'm not sure if it is a
problem with the software or perhaps my hardware.

The problem is that when I view a dataset using Data Editor sometimes
I see duplicates of the same variable (two columns that are identical
next to each other).  Also when I close the Data Editor with the X in
the top right corner (OS is XP Pro) or the Preserve button, I see Edit
then Preserve in Results Window, then when I re-open Data-Editor one
of the variables will be missing.  This happens consistently.  I
open,close, and re-open Data Editor and each time I do that I lose a
column.  (Note:  in the Variables window the lost variables still
appear but if I run a display command on them the result is "not
found")

I have the most recent update of Stata and am thinking it might be a
memory problem but I thought I would check to see if anyone else had a
similar experience because I have not noticed any memory problems in
other applications.

William