RE: st: How to plot a coefficient vector e(b)

From   "Newson, Roger B" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: How to plot a coefficient vector e(b)
Date   Mon, 28 Jan 2008 17:51:20 -0000

I do not know exactly what you mean by a "histogram". However, if you
really wanted a plot of confidence intervals for all 50 dummy parameters
against another variable (eg the factor corresponding to these dummies),
then you might like to use the -parmest- and -eclplot- packages, both
downloadable from SSC using the -ssc- command.

The -parmest- package creates an output dataset (or resultsset) with one
observation per parameter of a model (from the estimation results), and
data on the parameter names, labels, confidence intervals, P-values, and
other parameter attributes chosen by the user. The -eclplot- package can
input this resultsset, and produces a plot of the confidence intervals
against another variable. This other variable may be the factor on which
these dummies were based, which may be reconstructed in the resultsset
using the -factext- command, which you can also download from SSC.

More about -parmest- and -eclplot- can be found on my website at
http://www.imperial.ac.uk/nhli/r.newson/papers.htm
where I have uploaded several papers and Stata User Meeting
presentations involving -parmest-, -eclplot- and -factext-.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes

Roger

Roger B Newson