[no subject]

Also, Stata remembers only one sorting order, so if I sort by x, and
then clonevar p=x, then the dataset is not sorted by p (though
renaming a variable is OK with respect to sorting). In general this
does not matter, but when the key is assigned to the data which is
already sorted, then I would want to let Stata know, that there are
two concurrent sortings present, example:

given a sorted list of states AA...WY a numerical code is assigned to
each. Hence the dataset is sorted by two variables concurrently,
rather then by first variable, then by second within groups defined by
the first one.

Thank you,
      Sergiy