Re: st: CDC growth charts in Stata

From   Ana Gabriela Guerrero Serdan <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: CDC growth charts in Stata
Date   Sat, 26 Jan 2008 09:00:31 -0800 (PST)

If you want to calculate z-scores you can use zanthro
in Stata.

zanthro uses 2000 US population or UK population.
There was a previous question on this sometime last
year.

http://stata.com.mx/statalist/archive/2007-11/msg00173.html

you can also use the WHO stata macros  if you want to
use the 2005 WHO reference population.

see http://www.who.int/childgrowth/software/en/

http://www.cdc.gov/nccdphp/dnpa/growthcharts/resources/sas.htm

> Has anyone ported/implemented this to/in Stata?
> Mostly it's
> table lookups, but there a lot of conditionals for
> special
> cases that I would prefer not to translate (nor do I
> want to
> move my data to SAS for a single calculation, then
> back again).
>
> thanks,
> Jeph

> http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/res/findit.html