Re: st: Sample selection variable for bivariate probit selection

From   Maarten buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Sample selection variable for bivariate probit selection
Date   Fri, 25 Jan 2008 11:05:05 +0000 (GMT)

--- Carlos Gamero <[email protected]> wrote:
> I have a question related to STATA software that I hope you can help
> me solving. I'm estimating a probit model of childs' job satisfaction
> (only satisfied-dissatisfied options). We want to correct for sample
> selection bias in such model, taking into account child's labor
> participation. As working and schooling decissions are correlated, we
> think in a bivariate probit (working/schooling decissions) as
> specification for the selection mechanism. �Is there any possibility
> in STATA to use a bivariate probit model as the selection criterion
> when the regression part of the model is assumed NOT to be linear
> (job satisfaction probit model)?

I have already answered this question twice:
http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2008-01/msg00374.html

If you want more information you should refine your question, for
instance by saying in what sense you found the previous answer
unsatisfactory. Repeating the same question over and over again while
it has been answered will only cause irritation.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Boelelaan 1081