st: RE: outreg2 and r(601) file C:\Documents.dta not found

From   Martin H�llsten <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: outreg2 and r(601) file C:\Documents.dta not found
Date   Wed, 23 Jan 2008 16:03:50 +0100

Thanks to Austin Nichols and Brian Fryd the problem is solved. outreg2 needs to be updated with
compound double quotes in order to in batchmode. I just noted that plain outreg has a comment on
this in the ado (that the mac users need this).

For instance,

  - merge `vartmp' using `tmpf1'

should be changed to

  - merge `vartmp' using "`tmpf1'"
or
  - merge `vartmp' using `"`tmpf1'"'
(I think either works, but the latter is better, right?)

The other instances that need to be changed in the same fashion are

save `labelfile'
joinby var1 using  `labelfile'
save `appending', replace

I notify Roy to see if he can issue an update. Thanks for all help.

Martin