RE: st: missing year in panel

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: missing year in panel
Date   Wed, 23 Jan 2008 17:17:45 -0000

If you map your years 1991/1992 1994 on to times 1, 2, 3 on then you can

get Stata to -tsset- using those times. But you would be pretending that
a gap does not exist. Yet the alternative is an enormous block of
missings.

The choice is yours, and the consequences are yours, not Stata's.

Viktor Slavtchev

Maarten, you are right I should clarify the point.
There is yearly questionnaire I am relying on. However, for some reason,

this questionnaire was not performed in 1993. That is, the 1993 wave
simply dies not exist. The data for 1991, 1992, 1994 and so on are
available. My question is, whether this is problem in exploiting the
panel structure of the data and how to deal with?