st: AW: RE: estimating an unbalanced panel

From   "Jessica [iso-8859-1] �lschl�ger" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: AW: RE: estimating an unbalanced panel
Date   Wed, 23 Jan 2008 11:06:39 +0100

Dear Nick,

I don't want Stata to "try harder".
I just wanted to make sure that I don't do anything wrong.
My "doctor father" (supervisor) mentioned to me that in some statistics
packages
there is a way to use every observation available (but he doesn't use Stata),
whereas I think Stata makes some kind of balanced panel out of my dataset when
there are missing observations for one country i at time t, i.e. doesn't use
any
of the observations available for i at time t because of the missings.
As I am still a beginner in Stata, I may as well be mistaken at this point.

But IF I'm doing something wrong, I really would appreciate somebody telling
me.

Regards

Jessica

-----Urspr�ngliche Nachricht-----