Re: st: repeated measures anova

From   David Airey <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: repeated measures anova
Date   Mon, 21 Jan 2008 19:42:50 -0600

.

On second thought, I should not have guessed at the syntax, and I hope I didn't cause further confusion! You should check out Linear Mixed Models: A Practical Guide Using Statistical Software, Chapter 5, from the Stata bookstore which provides correct syntax in SAS, SPSS, R, and Stata for the analysis of a two factor within subjects repeated measures example. I would not use ANOVA for the data set you describe.

-Dave

Something like:

xi: xtmixed score i.factor1*i.factor2 || subject: || subject: R.factor1 || subject: R.factor2

may work, but ANOVA is using coding that makes comparisons to the grand mean whereas xi is using 1-0 coding.