Re: st: hall's skewness adjustment

From   Maarten buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: hall's skewness adjustment
Date   Mon, 21 Jan 2008 13:25:54 +0000 (GMT)

--- Rajesh Tharyan <[email protected]> wrote:
> Is anyone familiar with the Hall's adjustment for skewness? Is there
> any good reference on this, preferably a textbook?
>
> There is a johnson's adjustment but how is Hall's method better than
> Johnson's method. Any pointers in the right direction is valuable.

This is a repost of a question sent earlier. There is advise on that
on: http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/res/statalist.html#noanswer

One reason why you got no answer is that it is not clear whether there
is an implementation in Stata. Purely statistical questions are welcome
on this list, but people on this list are for obvious reasons more
familiar with statistical techniques available in Stata.

Also these kinds of "corrections" are not very popular with some of the
people on this list, see for instance:
http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2007-04/msg00622.html

As for references I know none that you could not find using google.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Boelelaan 1081