Re: st: matching childrens to mothers information

From   "Friedrich Huebler" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: matching childrens to mothers information
Date   Sun, 20 Jan 2008 16:02:06 -0500

Gaby,

First, load the data for all household members and create new
variables with the mother's age, schooling and so on.

. bysort HHnum (Rosternum): gen mage = age[Mothernum]
. bysort HHnum (Rosternum): gen mschool = schooling[Mothernum]

Next, -merge- the household member data with the child data, using the
variables HHnum and Rosternum.

One warning: The commands above only provide the correct ages if there
are no gaps in the roster numbers. For additional information read
these messages in the Statalist archive:

http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2006-06/msg00314.html
http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2006-06/msg00320.html
http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2006-06/msg00321.html
http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2006-06/msg00323.html