st: stcox problem

From   Simon Bach <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: stcox problem
Date   Sat, 19 Jan 2008 00:39:43 +1100

Dear All
New to Stata so this may be very simple.
Running stcox: have generated a model to determine factors associated with recurrence of bowel cancer following surgery.
I isolated 3 tumour variables that are independently associated with recurrence (i.e. size, depth invasion, presence lymphatic invasion).
Two different types of surgery were performed (A and B). A is associated with much higher recurrence rates. This further improves the model.

In stcurve I can fix values for these variables and estimate the proportion of subjects who remain disease free at 60 months (eg 1cm diameter tumour, superficial invasion, no lymphatic invasion, excised using method A).
I can then generate estimates for other flavours of tumour (eg 2cm, 3cm and so on).

BUT - I am struggling to obtain the corresponding raw figures for the proportion of patients who remain disease free at 60 months (using the different variable values)?

While I can read from the graph this is obviously clumsy/inaccurate.

Also stcurve does not appreciate stratified models, not a huge deal but predictably enough my model does fit better when stratified.

Can anybody please help?

BW
Simon Bach

(surgeon not statistician - unfortunately)

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/