st: arellano bond with clustering

From   [email protected]
Subject   st: arellano bond with clustering
Date   Wed, 16 Jan 2008 13:20:59 -0500

Hi friends. I am hoping I could bother you all with an eocnometrics question
that has been stumping me.

I am running an estimating equation of the following form in stata:

Yist = Yist-1 + Zist + Xst + error

To estimate this dynamic equation on a panel with short T, I use the
Arellano-Bond technique (xtabond2). However, my variables of interest are the Xs and they are aggregared at the sector level (while other variables are
at the micro, firm level) so there is the possibility that the
standard errors on the Xs are over-precise. However, there is no easy
way to combine clustering with Arellano-Bond in stata. I was wondering
if you could offer a way around this problem...? Thanks very much!

Guru Sethupathy

--
Prasanna (Guru) Sethupathy
Economics, Ph.D.