RE: st: linear probability model (LPM)

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: linear probability model (LPM)
Date   Tue, 15 Jan 2008 15:00:05 -0000

Well, Maarten is sensible, intelligent and a non-statistician...
Perhaps if you a non-statistician you need to be very sensible
and very intelligent to understand odds ratios...

Nick

Paul Seed

My experience is that even the most
sensible & intelligent & non-statistician
is likely to be defeated by odds ratios.
Time & again, I have known respected colleagues
present them as though they are risk ratios,
& they seem quite surprised when I point out the
differences.

Maarten buis