st: RE: Re: Weak instruments

Subject   st: RE: Re: Weak instruments
Date   Fri, 11 Jan 2008 18:22:35 -0000

Alice,

Short answer - yes.

Slightly longer answer - if you use the endog() option with ivreg2 under
iid (no -robust-), you'll find that the test statistic reported is
identical to the D-W-H chi-sq test statistic.  Add -robust- to -ivreg2-
and you get the equivalent but heteroskedastic-robust statistic.

Cheers,
Mark

Prof. Mark Schaffer
Director, CERT
Department of Economics
School of Management & Languages
Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh EH14 4AS
tel +44-131-451-3494 / fax +44-131-451-3296
email: [email protected]
web: http://www.sml.hw.ac.uk/ecomes