st: ICE in STATA 10.0

From   Naomi Spence <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: ICE in STATA 10.0
Date   Thu, 03 Jan 2008 13:24:42 -0500

Has anyone run into trouble using ICE in Stata 10? When attempting to use the passive and substitute options, I get an error message that states "Unknown function index()". I have followed examples and done a lot of troubleshooting, but this error message is persistent and I don't know the reason for it. Below is an example of my syntax:

ice depvar age inc emp home south mstat nvrmar widow divsep using imp, dryrun ///
cmd(mstat:mlogit) passive(nvrmar:mstat==1 \widow:mstat==2 \divsep:mstat==3) ///
substitute(mstat:nvrmar widow divsep)

WHERE mstat is a categorical variable for marital status and nvrmar, widow, and divsep are dummy variables based on mstat with married as the omitted category.

Any advice/guidance is appreciated.

Thanks,
Naomi Spence
*