Re: st: Happy New Year

Subject   Re: st: Happy New Year
Date   Mon, 31 Dec 2007 09:24:17 -0500

At 08:18 AM 12/31/2007, Marcello Pagano wrote:
To all on Statalist who celebrate these things, Happy New Year!

This past year has been a good one for the list--lots of people helped, new ideas expressed,
and few, if any, blowups. May the coming year be even better.
(Gioachino Rossini, Herman Hollerith and Gene Golub would be celebrating
their birthdays this year!)
As always, Marcello provides good mental challenges for us! But thanks to Google, we can occasionally keep up with him.

Rossini - born Feb. 29, 1792
Hollerith - Febr. 29, 1860
Golub - Feb. 29, 1932

So, I guess that means that this year, they range in age from 19 to 54. :)

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: [email protected]
WWW: http://www.nd.edu/~rwilliam