Re: st: "analytics"

Subject   Re: st: "analytics"
Date   Fri, 28 Dec 2007 22:51:10 -0500

At 02:00 PM 12/28/2007, David Airey wrote:
.

Where did this word come from? It strikes me as one of those words
that is made up by the business community. Was it? Or was it made up
by statisticians? Wikipedia and Wiktionary are not satisfying in their
explanation. The term permeates SAS and SPSS sites pages, but not
Stata pages. I think that's a good thing.
I hope everyone appreciates the fact that the 87 staffers who gave up their Christmas vacation to work night and day on the Stata 11 "Analytics" feature are feeling very uncomfortable right now. :)

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: [email protected]
WWW: http://www.nd.edu/~rwilliam