Re: st: new website for Stata on Mac OS X

From   Michael McCulloch <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: new website for Stata on Mac OS X
Date   Mon, 24 Dec 2007 11:19:00 -0800

Thank you for these efforts Adam. FYI, I recently experienced a problem in which Stata 9.2 would crash when closing the HELP view window. The folks at Stata identified this as a bug and kindly and promptly provided a recompiled Stata application file.
Michael

Hello, I've started a small website that deals with Stata in the Mac OS X environment. This is designed for beginning and intermediate users and covers Mac-specific text editors like Textwrangler, OS X elements like the Services menu, and how to use Quicksilver to edit files.

I have posted a series dealing with introductory topics like logging data, importing unformatted files, and setting up a profile.do file. I try to include extensive screenshots from the Mac environment.

<http://macstata.blogspot.com>http://macstata.blogspot.com/

- Adam

Adam Jacobs

PhD Candidate

Department of Sociology

University of Wisconsin

<mailto:[email protected]>[email protected]