st: RE: AW: RE: partial()-option of xtivreg2

Subject   st: RE: AW: RE: partial()-option of xtivreg2
Date   Fri, 21 Dec 2007 10:00:31 -0000

Jessica,

Austin Nichols suggests that partialling-out after the first differences is perfectly logical, and on reflection I think he's probably right.  Programming it into -xtivreg2- will go on my to-do list.

In the meantime, you can do what you want by hand: just generate new variables, e.g.,

gen double d_gwgdpvdpc = d.gwgdpvdpc

and then use -ivreg2- with the -partial- option and the first-differenced variables to do the partialling-out.

Cheers,
Mark