Re: st: Formatting questions for metan command

From   "Tom Trikalinos" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Formatting questions for metan command
Date   Tue, 18 Dec 2007 16:46:32 -0500

I think there's no easy way around it through _metan_ options (I trust
yo have the latest that uses stata 9+ graphics). _metan_ folks could
correct me ignorance. Short of modifying the command code, the fastest
way is to play with the postscript file of the graph. Easier than it
sounds.

Export to .eps and editing the .eps with a text editor.
[I presume you have a way to view .eps files (Mac views them natively
- ghostscript is a perfect free viewer for other platforms)]

1. usually the x axis labels are in the end of the .eps file. Edit it
by adding in the leading zeros.
[in your example I presume that searching for "-.3" will do the trick].
2. search for "p=0.000" - mind any spaces around "=" if applicable.
change it to "p<0.001"

Note that sometimes the same postscript command appears twice in the
file - I'm not clear why. If so you would have the edit "p=0.000" in 2
places (again use _find_ in your text editor) - otherwise you'll see
overlayed letters

tom