st: Formatting questions for metan command

From   "Richard Forshee" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Formatting questions for metan command
Date   Tue, 18 Dec 2007 15:05:45 -0500

Dear Statalist,

I have a quantitative meta-analysis manuscript that is very nearly accepted
by a journal.  The editors have requested some technical changes in the
forest plot that I generated using the terrific "metan" command that is
available on SSC.  Specifically, they request that leading zeroes be
included on the x-axis and that the p-value on the I-V overall line be
listed as p=0.001 instead of the p=0.000 that is generated by the package.

My command is:

metan coef se1, label(namevar=study) second(random) texts(120) ///
xtitle("Effect Size and 95% Confidence Interval") xlabel(-0.3, 0, 0.3, 0.6)

In a standard twoway graph, I believe it is possible to force the leading
zero using a format option, e.g., xlabel(, format(%02.1f)).  This does not
seem to be allowed with metan because when I try it I get an error:
"Unknown	function	format()".

Any suggestions that would help me to tweak the graph to meet the
specifications of the editors would be appreciated.

Richard A. Forshee
�