st: RE: RES: psmatch2

From   "Rajesh Tharyan" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RES: psmatch2
Date   Tue, 18 Dec 2007 12:32:00 -0000

Hi,

Thanks very much. I think I will need to read up a bit more on this..thanks
again

Rajesh

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Henrique Neder
Sent: 16 December 2007 14:19
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: RES: psmatch2

Rajesh

You have to define an outcome variable and the variables that are the
characteristics.

In the following example:

psmatch2 trade carac1 carac2, out(outvar)

trade is the variable that define the treatment group,
carac1 and carac2 are the variables that define the characteristics of the
individuals,
outvar are the outcome variable.

The matching are made using carac1 and carac2 through the groups (training =
0 and training = 1).

The program estimate a probit model, calculate a propensity score and make
the matching based in this propensity. Trade is the dependent variable in
the probit model. Carac1 e carac2 are the covariates in this model. You have
the logit option, too. If you select the Mahalanobis option you don't need
to define the carac1 and carac2 variables as covariates and the sintax is:

psmatch2 trade, mahalanobis(carac1 carac2) out(outvar)

I think that nearest neighbor is the default matching criteria.

I hope to help with this.

Henrique