st: RE: RE: SV: how do I overlay two linkplot graphs?: now trying -xtline-

From   "Spiess, Sven Oliver" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: SV: how do I overlay two linkplot graphs?: now trying -xtline-
Date   Thu, 13 Dec 2007 06:40:52 -0500

Hello Stephen,

Please check if this does what you want:

--------
	local mdash = char(151)
	levelsof GRP, local(level)

	foreach l of local level {
		twoway line Score Character if Task==1 & GRP==`l',
lpattern(dash) || ///
			line Score Character if Task==2 & GRP==`l', ///
			title(Score against Character) ///
			subtitle(`mdash'Group: `l'`mdash') ///
			name(twowayLine`l', replace)
	}
--------

I do not use a specific ts command for this, but given your data structure it
should work.
NB: With the data from your previous post the graphs for the two GRP groups will
look the same.

If GRP is labeled you might want to have the label in the subtitle of the graph
rather than the value.

You can find a small modification for that in the example .do file below.

Cheers,
Sven-Oliver

***** example start
version 9.2
capture log close

*create data:
*============
	clear
	input GRP Task Character Score
	1       1       1       40
	1       1       2       44
	1       1       3       11
	1       1       4       78
	1       1       5       38
	1       2       1       42
	1       2       2       46
	1       2       3       17
	1       2       4       71
	1       2       5       42
	2       1       1       40
	2       1       2       44
	2       1       3       11
	2       1       4       78
	2       1       5       38
	2       2       1       42
	2       2       2       46
	2       2       3       17
	2       2       4       71
	2       2       5       42
	end
	list

*plot graph posted on list:
*==========================
	preserve
	keep if Task==1
	tsset GRP Character
	xtline Score, overlay legend (off) name(tsgraph, replace)
	restore

*alternative approach:
*=====================
	label def GRP 1 "First group"  2 "Second group"
	label val GRP GRP

	local mdash = char(151)
	levelsof GRP, local(level)

	foreach l of local level {
		local group: label (GRP) `l'
		twoway line Score Character if Task==1 & GRP==`l',
lpattern(dash) || ///
			line Score Character if Task==2 & GRP==`l', ///
			title(Score against Character) ///
			subtitle(`mdash'Group: `group'`mdash') ///
			name(twowayLine`l', replace)
		}

***** example end