st: Average and count from a given number of previous observations

From   Patrick Woodburn <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Average and count from a given number of previous observations
Date   Tue, 11 Dec 2007 11:01:48 +0300

Dear Statalist,

I have weather data for a site in Uganda which I'm hope to compare to
malaria data.  My rainfall data is a single variable, sorted by date,
with no missing data, along the following lines:

date           rainfall (ml)
01jan2003       12.7
02jan2003        3.0

31jun2007        1.3

I would like to make four new variables for each date.  Two to represent
the total rainfall across the previous 28 days and across the previous
84 days, and two to represent the total number of days on which
rainfall>0 out of the previous 28 or 84 days.   Could someone suggest
how best to do this?

Best regards,

Patrick