Re: st: RE: Using Mata within a foreach loop = r(1)

Subject   Re: st: RE: Using Mata within a foreach loop = r(1)
Date   Fri, 7 Dec 2007 10:43:44 -0500

Pablo Mitnik <[email protected]>:
You are not back in Stata; you never entered Mata.  The -foreach- loop
aggregates all the commands before running, one of which is -end-,
which exits the loop and executes none of it.

Try

foreach i in 1 2 {
 di `i'
 end
 }

to see what I mean.  A similar problem arises is you try to -input-
data inside a -program- etc.  The use of -end- to end many commands is
somewhat problematic in this case.  I agree that -help end- should
explain this.