Re: st: RE: Using Mata within a foreach loop = r(1)

From   Pablo Mitnik <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: Using Mata within a foreach loop = r(1)
Date   Fri, 07 Dec 2007 08:08:35 -0600

This is rather inconvenient when you have a longer code to run in Mata; and I haven't found any explanation in the manuals why the code with "mata" and "end" shouldn't work -- my bet is that this is a bug. Anyway, thanks Abdel and Nick for the workaround.
Pablo

Nick Cox wrote:

Abdel was quite correct to leave out an -end- statement. His example was a series of separate invocations of Mata.
Pablo Mitnik

Thanks for your answer -- but observe you left the end statement out. I
want to get out of Mata and continue doing stuff in the loop. When you
add the end command, the error I described is generated.
Pablo

Abdel Rahmen El Lahga wrote:

I don't understand your loop but the code below work *===================== foreach i in 1 2 {
mata: A=1,2