RE: st: Problem with ado file - stcmd

From   "Josiane Georges" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Problem with ado file - stcmd
Date   Thu, 6 Dec 2007 16:31:35 -0500

Eva and Roger:

Thank you for your assistance. I set up a profile.do file and used the
unaltered stcmd.ado file, but I am still encountering an error.

More specifically I wrote a program that uses the stcmd command to
reformat some Stata data sets to SAS datasets. Before I converted from
Stat Transfer 7 to 9, this program worked each time I ran it. But since
the conversion, the blue Stat Transfer command window opens and then
closes rapidly several times when I attempt to run this program, but the
files remain unaltered.

Do you have any ideas on why this may be happening?

-Josiane

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Newson, Roger
Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2007 10:46 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: st: Problem with ado file - stcmd

Eva Poen's solution is probably the right one. More about it (and other
technical issues with Stat/Transfer) can be found in the Technical Note
in the on-line help for -stcmd-, accessed by typing

whelp stcmd

in Stata. (It helps if you know the name of the path, on your system,
for Stat/Transfer.)

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any further queries.

Roger

Roger Newson
Lecturer in Medical Statistics
National Heart and Lung Institute