Re: st: Latent class estimation

From   Phil Schumm <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Latent class estimation
Date   Wed, 5 Dec 2007 09:35:29 -0600

On Dec 5, 2007, at 4:57 AM, Eva Poen wrote:
I am interested in running a latent class regression model.

On Dec 5, 2007, at 7:01 AM, Dimitris Pavlopoulos wrote:
I have not explored the potential of STATA in latent class models, but I would suggest you to do your analysis in Latent Gold instead. This is a program especially made for such analysis. And yes, you need to use the EM algorithm and in particular its modified version (Baum Weltch algorithm or something like that). This is implemented in Latent Gold.