Re: st: calculating relative risk

From   Richard Goldstein <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: calculating relative risk
Date   Wed, 05 Dec 2007 08:31:19 -0500

You might want to try the procedure in the following article
(article includes Stata code):

Localio, AR, et al. (2007), "Relative risks and confidence
intervals were easily computed indirectly from multivariable
logistic regression," _Journal of Clinical Epidemiology_,
60: 874-882

Rich

Sue Kim wrote:
Hi. I have a binary outcome where the probability of
outcome is low so I want to get an adjusted relative
risk (rather than odds ratio) using glm.  When using
glm with fam(bin) link(log) command, I get a warning
"parameter estimates produce inadmissible mean
estimates in one or more observation". Could I still
use the results or is there a way to get around this
problem?
Thank you.
Sue