Re: st: SAS

From   "David Elliott" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: SAS
Date   Mon, 3 Dec 2007 16:17:31 -0400

Note to all recipients of Nick's help:  He now expects to be paid in M&Ms.

- - -

But on the subject of SAS, I am currently helping put together a SAS
enterprise installation proposal for our department.  I feel badly
because Stata has been my tool of choice for many years but we are at
that tipping point where the working datasets are hitting the 1Gb
boundary and the next step is 64bit computing in a corporate
environment that doesn't want to even think of supporting a 64bit
userbase.  I'm impressed with the way SAS has been able to leverage
their expertise and start playing in the Business Intelligence market.
 It is nice to hear of an employer who is able to engender loyalty in
their employees, one M&M at a time.  Around here we get Bertie Botts
Every Flavor Beans ( if this is an obscure cultural reference to any
of you - check out http://www.mugglenet.com/info/other/beans.shtml for
details )

DCElliott