RE: st: Testing for a contiguous subset of observations?

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Testing for a contiguous subset of observations?
Date   Fri, 30 Nov 2007 12:01:59 -0000

This lumps together all the zeros for each -id- regardless of when they
occurred.
That is valid if there is at most one spell of zeros for each -id-.
Otherwise
I don't think it matches the problem.

Maarten buis

bys id (observation) : gen zero = Activity == 0
bys id zero (observation) : gen nzero = _N if zero == 0
replace nzero = 0 if nzero == .
gen activity2 = activity if nzero < 60 & nzero