Re: st: Standardized Coefficients after XTIVREG2

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: Standardized Coefficients after XTIVREG2
Date   Fri, 30 Nov 2007 11:29:51 +0000 (GMT)

--- Erasmo Giambona <> wrote:
> More that a week ago I posted the message below but so far I have not
> received any suggestions.

See comments made in:
> I am trying to obtain standardized coefficents after XTIVREG2.

As soon as I see -xt- in a command, I think multple populations, and as
soon as there are multiple populations standardization becomes
non-trivial. You could standardize within each population. But aren't
you doing a fixed effects model than (or a inconsistent version of a
fe), and how do you compare populations in that case? You could
standardize over your entire data. Than you are probably thinking about
a single super-population, but does that make substantive sense, and if
so is your data a good sample from that super-population?

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Boelelaan 1081