st: RE: problem with xtlogit

From   "Verkuilen, Jay" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: problem with xtlogit
Date   Tue, 27 Nov 2007 17:26:05 -0500

James MacNeil writes

>>I am trying to fit a model using xtlogit (random effects), like so
many times before, but for some
reason, I am now getting this error:

"option logF() not allowed"

anyone know what it means and what I should do?<<<

That's a "me, too." What does this error mean? I had it hit when I was
trying to use xtlogit to analyze the classic betablockers meta-analysis
data for a classroom example. SAS (proc nlmixed) had no problem with it.
(I haven't tried the same data in Stata 10.)

J. Verkuilen
Assistant Professor of Educational Psychology
City University of New York-Graduate Center
365 Fifth Ave.
New York, NY 10016
Office: (212) 817-8286
FAX: (212) 817-1516