Re: st: Comparing cumulated incidence of a cohort with the general population

From   "raoul reulen" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Comparing cumulated incidence of a cohort with the general population
Date   Fri, 23 Nov 2007 09:17:10 +0000

Roland,

If you want to calculate cumulative incidence of small bowel cancer
and carcinoid then you would also need to take into account the
competing risk of death. You can do this by .stcompet. Also, have a
look at a very nice program called : .stexpect to calculate the
'expected' cumulative incidence.

Hope this helps,

Raoul

On 22/11/2007, roland andersson <[email protected]> wrote:
> I am studying the risk of small bowel cancer and carcinoid in a cohort
> of patients with Crohn's disease. I have calculated SIR compared with
> the genral population. I would also like to calculate and show
> graphically the cumulated risk of small bowel cancer in the cohort (a
> KM-plot) in comparison with the risk in the general population. Is it
> possible to construct a KM-plot from the incidence rates from the age-
> and period-bands? I am considering to create a "virtual matched
> cohort" and calculate the cumulated risk from the age- and period-band
> incidence rates for each virtual individual. Any hints on how this can
> be done? Or are there any accepted methods for this kind of analyses?
>
> Regards
> Roland Andersson

Raoul C. Reulen
Cancer Research UK Training Fellow