Re: st: How to rename an ado file within Stata

From   Philipp Rehm <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: How to rename an ado file within Stata
Date   Wed, 21 Nov 2007 10:51:23 -0500

How about:
copy test.ado test.exe

(If you want to get rid of test.ado: "erase test.ado").

HTH,
Philipp

[email protected] wrote:
Dear all,

Is it possible to rename an ado file within Stata?

I am working on a exact test that, unfortunately, does not have any known
algorithm to optimize the time required to compute all possible
permutations. As Stata loads everything into memory and I do not know mata
functions yet, it seems impossible to compute all possible permutations
with Stata, since it requires too much time and memmory.

So, I wrote a perl program that can rapidly generate all possible
combinations without overflowing.

Despite to the fact I can use shell/winexec  to execute it, I would like
to know if one can rename an ado file (.ado to .exe) for instance within
Stata, so that one does not need to specify a directory to run the
"auxiliary" program. I think that, if possible, by renaming an ado file,
one does not need to specify a directory, because Stata is suppose to find
it out. Does it make sense?

Regards,

Tiago