Re: st: RES: treatreg model with binary outcomes

From   "Austin Nichols" <>
Subject   Re: st: RES: treatreg model with binary outcomes
Date   Tue, 20 Nov 2007 11:24:41 -0500

Henrique Neder <>:

There is a serious flaw in that two-step logit model--it is not
consistent, and is an example of what Wooldridge (2002) calls the
"forbidden regression" (see section 15.7.3, pp.477-478).  That same
section discusses the MLE for probit with a binary endogenous

Wooldridge, J.M. 2002. Econometric Analysis of Cross Section and Panel
Data.  Cambridge, MA: MIT Press.