st: RE: ologit data handling

From   "Mentzakis, Emmanouil" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: ologit data handling
Date   Mon, 19 Nov 2007 16:52:29 -0000

I think you can use -clogit- but you have to make sure you specify which
alternatives are included in each choice set. No order in the responses
is assumed, but I don't think you want it anyway.

-----Original Message-----
[] On Behalf Of Liren Zhou
Sent: 19 November 2007 15:45
Subject: st: ologit data handling

Hi Everybody,

I am trying to use OLOGIT to estimate an order model. My problem is that
the choice set is not identical for each of the observations.
Specifically, I am modeling the employee's work schedule choice. Among a
broad choice set of work schedules, some of the schedules are not
available for some of the employee. Does anyone know how STATA handle
this situation?

Thanks in advance!