Re: st: A Problem on Append Command

From   "Svend Juul" <SJ@SOCI.AU.DK>
To   <>
Subject   Re: st: A Problem on Append Command
Date   Sat, 17 Nov 2007 11:08:35 +0100

Asgar Khademvatani wrote:
   insheet using c:\data\US_SCG.txt
   append using "c:\data\US_outofsample_SCG.txt"
But, the problem is that when I running my .do file on Stata 9.2, or 8.2
the erroe message is given as follows in the following:
.....Stata has encountered the problem fo error and needs to closed. Wew
are sorry for any inconvenience......
This error message and problem happens when Stata tries to run "Append"
You try to -append- a text file. -append- is for Stata datasets.
I could reproduce your problem with Stata 8.2 and 9.2. Stata 10
gives a standard error message.
Hopes this helps
Svend Juul
Vennelyst Boulevard 6