Re: st: A stata question

From   "Leonidas Murembya" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: A stata question
Date   Fri, 16 Nov 2007 09:35:53 -0500

Thanks, Richard: I know it is coded 0 and 1, but I will check the missing value issue.
Leo
Richard Williams writes:

At 10:33 PM 11/15/2007, Leonidas Murembya wrote:
Hello stata users:
Here is a question for you:
I am trying to run a logistic regression between the dummy "employed" with a number of RHS variables. I have 875 observations with 0 (not employed) and 2,185 employed (that is 1). Stata is telling me that "outcome does not vary; remember: 0 = negative outcome,
all other nonmissing values = positive outcome"
Do you have any suggestion on how I can correct this?
Thanks.
Leo
I'm guessing that either (a) "employed" isn't really coded 0 or 1, e.g. it is coded 1 or 2; or else (b) missing data on the RHS is causing you to lose all the cases that are either coded 0 or else coded 1.
Just running a few descriptive statistics may help you to identify the problem.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: [email protected]
WWW: http://www.nd.edu/~rwilliam