st: Cox overfitting test?

From   Andrzej Niemierko <[email protected]>
To   Stata <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Cox overfitting test?
Date   Tue, 13 Nov 2007 14:20:29 -0500

Dear All,
Is there a test for overfitting when using Cox proportional hazards model?
Specifically, I have a small data set with only 52 cases (39 events) and 12
independent variables. Six of those independent variables are jointly
significant (all at p<0.001) in the Cox model. Although in my case it makes
perfect sense that those six variables are associated with the outcome I
have a feeling that I am overfitting the data at hand.
I would appreciate any advice/comment.
Andre

The information transmitted in this electronic communication is intended only for the person or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this information in error, please contact the Compliance HelpLine at 800-856-1983 and properly dispose of this information.