RE: st: Test for trend for SIR

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Test for trend for SIR
Date   Tue, 13 Nov 2007 11:53:42 -0000

I don't know anything about this issue but I feel queasy about
this kind of statement. If you changed somebody else's program,
did you rename it to make clear that what you are doing is
distinct? What would you now quote as the reference justifying the
procedure
you used? Would you guarantee to remember the change you made?
If you were to pass the program on to someone else, would you
pass on documentation of your change?

These are intended as rhetorical questions. I am raising generic
issues.

My own line as a programmer is that anyone who changes my programs
has become the author of a new program and now takes total
responsibility.
That is not to say that their changes may not be extremely well-founded,

but I can now have no responsibility for their changes. (The program
in question is not mine.)

raoul reulen

I had the same problem with the command smrby. I changed the ado-file
and now it works. I think the problem is to do with the weights, they
need to be integer. I changed 'fweight' into 'iweight' and now it
works.