st: re: average rate of growth

From   Kit Baum <>
Subject   st: re: average rate of growth
Date   Sun, 11 Nov 2007 11:11:39 -0500

Daniele wrote

Dear all, I need to compute the "average rate of growth of variable - y-, over the previous three years".
Could somebody help me with the command?

webuse grunfeld, clear
g linvest = log(invest)
g growth = D.linvest
mvsumm growth, gen(grate) stat(mean) window(3) end
l year invest linvest D.linvest grate if company==1
tsline grate if company==1, yline(0)

* For searches and help try: