st: Silly question about variable window.

From   Scott Talkington <>
Subject   st: Silly question about variable window.
Date   Thu, 08 Nov 2007 18:10:23 -0500

I've just installed Stata on a different computer and I can't remember what the command was to shorten the length of the variable name display in the variable window to, say, eight. As a result there's this big gap between the variable name and the label that's just wasted space. I searched the online documentation, but can't seem to find anything. (Why isn't this one of the standard windowing preferences?)

* For searches and help try: